High powered German delegation at Telstra Australian Smart Communities Conference
A German delegation from the Smart City Forum (SCF) will have a strong presence at next month’s Telstra Australian Smart Communities Conference in Adelaide from 29-31 May.
SCF Chairman Prof Dr Lutz Heuser, a keynote speaker at ASCA’s inaugural Summit in 2016, is returning to Australia with the high-powered delegation which will also visit several smart cities across the country.
“Smart cities are all about ecosystems, collaboration and open data - no city can do this alone, no supplier can provide all the technologies that are needed, and no closed ecosystem will survive in the 21st Century,” Mr Heuser said.
“Both SCF and ASCA (who signed an international partnership agreement last year) represent the new thinking and partnerships that will carry cities forward into the coming decades.
“We’re delighted to be able to bring this delegation to Adelaide, and look forward to many interesting and fruitful discussions with delegates.”
A dedicated SCF exhibitor booth will also demonstrate emerging technologies such as traffic and parking, the latest smart lamp posts, and smart city platform concepts.
SCF delegation members include:
- Thomas Fehling, Mayor of Bad Hersfeld - the most visible smart city Mayor in Germany
- Matthias Weis, SM!GHT, EnBW, Karlsruhe - named one of the top 100 most intelligent minds in Germany
- Isabella Groegor-Cechowicz, SAP, Walldorf - Head of Public Services
- Bernhard Meyer, Continental, Regensburg – Vice President Smart City
- Craig Hewitt, CEO Schreder Australia
- Prof Laurie Buys, Professor and Head of Smart Cities, Queensland University of Technology
- Professor Lutz Heuser, CEO [ui!] the urban institute
SCF will be part of the [ui!] urban institute and partners exhibition and will join a growing list of leading smart city companies at this year’s conference, who will provide first-hand insights into new releases, leading-edge technologies for assisting cities and communities, utility and facility management trends, and the latest developments from overseas. Exhibitors include Silver Spring Networks, Urban Circus, Telstra, Eighteen04, World of Drones, Green Frog Systems, Ecospectral, Cortex, and Esri Australia.
TELSTRA AUSTRALIAN SMART COMMUNITIES CONFERENCE
29-31 May 2017 | Adelaide Convention Centre